Pet Consulting Services
Pupstart offers these IN-HOME training options:
- NEW PUPPY VISITS for brand new puppies. The charge is $80/hour. Detailed info HERE. In the meantime, get some quick potty training tips! Booking a week out currently. There is a cancellation list.
- INITIAL TRAINING CONSULTS FOR DOGS OF ALL AGES.. There is an investment of $120.00 to $160.00 at this appointment before considering further training such as...
- Family Coaching - classes with you and your family in your home - for basic canine manners (obedience) training.These are $70/session when purchased as a package in advance. Sessions are longer than 1.25 hours.Learn more HERE.
- Day Training - Private tutoring when you're home or away. It is "board and train" without the "board." These programs are $350/week with a two-week minimum for one dog. Learn more HERE.
- BEHAVIOR COUNSELING. If you have a behavior concern with your dog, please visit with your veterinarian first, especially if you've seen sudden changes in your dog's behavior. After you know for certain your dog is healthy physically, call Pupstart. We do work with anxious, nervous, destructive, fearful, or shy dogs but in cases where your dog has shown threatening behavior or has bitten people or other dogs, I must have a referral from your veterinarian. Pupstart accepts aggression cases on a limited basis and they are charged accordingly. Click HERE to learn more.
- Payment via cash, check, VISA, MasterCard or Discover is accepted. (There is a 3-4% fee for credit cards.)
If you simply need help with housetraining your new puppy or dog, we can cover that in one visit. This session will provide you a housetraining plan to follow to make your house mess-free as quickly as possible. Free follow-up support is included. Potty problems of a longer duration may require an initial consult and one or two follow-up visits.
Pupstart offers long-distance phone consults for $40 per half-hour. If there is an concern with your dog that cannot be addressed adequately over the phone, every attempt will be made to locate a qualified trainer or behavior counselor near you. Payment in advance is required via check, VISA, MasterCard or Discover. (There is a 3-4% fee for credit card use.)
PET SELECTION SERVICES
Become an educated consumer when it comes to choosing dog breeders, rescue organizations or animal shelters to find your next dog. Pupstart can assist you in preparing yourself to make the best decision to assure the healthiest, most behaviorally sound pet for your family. A Pet Selection Consult is billed at $40/hour due at time of service. Payment via cash, check, VISA, MasterCard or Discover are accepted. (There is a 3-4% fee for credit cards.)
TALK TO YOUR VETERINARIAN NOW IF YOU SEE CHANGES IN YOUR DOG’S BEHAVIOR SUCH AS THESE:
- Growling, snarling, snapping, or biting
- Potty accidents in the house
- Change in activity level
- Doesn’t eat or drink or drinks excessively
- Drooling excessively
- Scratching or licking more than normal; licking walls, furniture or floors
- Scooting, hiding, whining or crying
- Rashes, hair loss, lumps and bumps
- Redness and/or discharge from nose, eyes, ears, private parts
- Coughing or sneezing, vomiting or diarrhea
- Disorientation, acting drowsy/lazy/sluggish, restless
- Shaking or pawing at head, trembling, jerky movements, staring at nothing
- Changes in stool (poop) consistency or color
- Can’t get up easily from lying down, reluctant to climb stairs or walk on slippery surfaces, shows clumsiness
CALL 515.277.8779 TO GET STARTED TODAY.