How Much Is It?
HOW MUCH IS IT AND HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Let's talk. If you call, please provide your name and phone number twice and the reason for your call. If you e-mail or use the contact form here, please provide a brief history of your concerns so I can determine if we are a good match. I will refer you whenever possible if we are not. Calls and e-mails will be returned within the next two business days.
- Schedule the Initial Training Consult, Behavioral Consult or New Puppy Visit. Block off 90 minutes to two uninterrupted hours for the first visit. Flexible scheduling allows for day, evening or weekend appointments.
Initial Training Consults, Behavior Consults not due to aggression and New Puppy Visits are $75 per hour. Plan on an initial investment of $112.50 to $150.00. Travel outside a 40 mile radius of the Des Moines metro area will incur a higher hourly rate depending on distance.
Initial consults for dog aggression are charged at $100-$150/hour. These consults must be referred by your veterinarian. Contact Pupstart for more information on how to put that in motion. Plan on $200-$300 for the consult. The hourly fee increases if travel more than 40 miles outside the Des Moines metro is required.
These types of dog bite cases are not accepted: law enforcement has intervened, a lawsuit is pending or a human or animal victim required emergency medical care such as stitches or surgery.
- Your dog must be healthy and current on vaccinations. Titers are accepted with approval from your veterinarian.
- The first consult will provide you with lots of things to practice so don't worry - it will be worth it! You'll have a training plan and options to choose from to complete your dog's training without high-pressure tactics.
- I will send you an extensive questionnaire after we schedule our first visit. Complete it in detail and return it to me before our visit.
- After our initial meeting, if a package of in-home training is the best option for you, you have the option of purchasing sessions longer than an hour. The cost per session will be between $65 and $70. The scope of the work will be spelled out in a contract so that you are getting everything you need whether we are doing family coaching or day training.
Subsequent appointments to the Initial Consult not purchased as part of a package are billed at $75/hour.
- Payment is required at the time of service. Pupstart takes cash, checks with photo ID, PayPal, and Visa, MasterCard or Discover cards.
- A cancellation without 12 hours’ notice of a scheduled appointment will result in a forfeit of that session except in the cases of an ill or injured dog or a family illness or emergency. I work with families! I know how it goes.
What questions do you have? CONTACT PUPSTART now to discuss your dog's training needs.